Friday, August 12, 2011

The Precipitin Test


The precipitin test identifies whether or not blood found on a crime scene is human or another species. Knowing the origin of the blood helps the forensic lab determine whose blood it is. The precipitin test can be preformed directly at the crime scene, this way you do not have to send false samples to the laboratory.
The precipitin test measures the response from the immune system of another animal by making anti-human antibodies to protect from human blood proteins.  Anti bodies located in the other animal’s blood identify specific foreign pathogens that come from human blood molecules. The animal’s antibodies detection of these foreign human molecules forces the animal to create anti-human antibodies that attack antigens (foreign blood molecules).

When human blood is introduced to the animal’s anti- human antibodies it produces a clot called a precipitate clot. This precipitate clot can be formed in a test valve identifying whether or not a blood sample is human or not. This test is called the Precipitin Test. 


  1. 1.      Animal is injected with human blood
  2. 2.      Animal makes anti-human antibodies
  3. 3.      Animal blood is extracted
  4. 4.      The extracted animal blood is used to test other blood to identify whether the blood is of human origin


References:



4 comments:

  1. Disgusting! I hate animal testing so much! It's not okay to inject a substance into a different animal. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would be saying the same thing if it was also happening to humans with animal blood, calm down out of your peta mode, and tell me, would you rather have killers out there, around us at all times, or a goat get a small injection( that doesn't hurt, hurt like going to the doctor for vaccines/drawing blood) and the person caught, if you could only choose one?

      Delete
  2. so how can we develop drugs & elucidate pathways if we are not going to test them first? animal testing is alright, if not, necessary, as long as it is done in an ethical way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . 

    ReplyDelete